Out of Hourslogo

What to do when your GP practice is closed:

If you need an urgent visit or advice outside of normal surgery hours, call NHS 111.

If you call the Surgery Number you will be transferred automatically to the Out of Hours Service, provided by PELC on behalf of NHS Havering. The doctor on call may give do one of the following:

  • Give you telephone advice
  • Ask you to attend the Primary Care Centre
  • Visit you at home as appropriate.

If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999

Local GP Hub for Out of Hours

Please navigate to our ‘Seeing a GP Out of Hours‘ page for information on the local GP Hub.

During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.

NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency. Calls to NHS 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year

When to call 111

You should call 111 when:

  • You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
  • Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
  • You don’t know who to call for medical help

When to call 999

Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:

  • Major accident or trauma
  • Severe breathlessness
  • Severe bleeding
  • Loss of consciousness Severe chest pain